You have probably heard this over and over again: content is king. Adding content, like blog posts, to your website and social media accounts, is an important marketing tool for bringing customers and prospects to your business. Starting a blog might sound like a lot of work, but it can actually be a relatively quick and easy way to get started with content creation. The most important thing to remember is that you have to create meaningful content that helps solve a problem, provides information, or is relatable to people so it will draw people to your business. If you are considering starting an insurance blog, we have some specific tips that can help the process go more smoothly.
Why Start A Blog?
Even if you are not a writer, you can still create and share content that others will find value in. And why do this? Blogging is one of the quickest ways to help grow your business because it can help you to:
- Pull in new prospects– With the right content, your blog can increase your agency’s visibility and help you grow with a minimal investment of money and time. One survey found that two-thirds of businesses with blogs generate more leads than those who do not, and a recent HubSpot survey found that businesses that blogged regularly attract 55% more customers than those that do not.
- Improve your business’ reputation– Blogging allows your business to look more professional, successful, and authoritative, which will help you to compete more effectively in the insurance industry.
- Build customer loyalty– Taking the time to connect with prospects and customers by providing them with useful information can help build trust.
How To Start A Blog
If you are intimidated by the thought of starting a blog, have no fear, it’s a lot simpler than you might think. If you have a website, you can incorporate a blog into a separate section of your site, and then link it to your social media accounts. Here are the steps you need to follow to do this:
- Choose a web host– If you don’t already have a website, you’ll need to go through these first three steps and set one up before you do anything, so you have a place to post your blog (other than your social media accounts). In order to create a website, you’ll first have to choose a web host for your new site, which is a platform that allows you to create, store, and view your website on the internet. Examples of web hosts are WordPress and Squarespace.
- Purchase and connect a domain name– Some web hosts allow you to purchase a domain name through them, while others allow you to connect a domain name that you have purchased elsewhere. Either way, your company should have a domain name that represents your business, since you’ll have it for a long time.
- Choose a theme and design– Once you have chosen a web host and domain name, the next thing to choose is a theme and design for your site, being sure to include your established logo. Try to make your site as easy to navigate as possible.
- Organize what you are going to write– Once you’ve got your website up and running, you can begin to create your content. When deciding what to write about for your blog, keep your audience and your most frequently asked questions in mind. Jot down ideas when you come across them, and consider including some newsworthy topics that would be of interest to your customers.
- Build a content calendar– Posting content to your website and social media accounts doesn’t mean that you have to be in front of your computer constantly – you can use online tools to schedule your posts for you. Some popular calendar tools to consider include CoSchedule and Airtable, which allow you to take notes, sort through ideas, set deadlines, and save your work.
Last but not least, it is officially time to start writing your content, proofread it, and add it to your blog! It will take some time for people to notice it and share it, though, so don’t be discouraged in the beginning. If you keep at it, you will eventually see an influx of prospects coming your way!
In the meantime, if you are looking to grow your business quickly, Benepath can help. We offer exclusive leads who are ready to buy – all you have to do is tell us when you are available to work with them. Benepath will provide you with better tools, more guidance, unsurpassed sales training, and techniques from the most successful agents and trainers in the industry, not to mention the best leads available. To get more information, fill out the form above, or call 866-368-0377.