Set goals for 2022 like a boss
Great planning begins with the end in mind. The SMART goal method can help you create the right goals in the coming year.
- Specific – Set goals that are clear and well-defined.
- Measurable – Include criteria you can actually measure.
- Achievable – Set attainable goals.
- Relevant – Align goals with larger objectives.
- Time-bound – Attaching a deadline creates a sense of urgency.
Get Your Free Lead Calculator
Goals to Focus On
So now you’ve got the method for setting goals, what specific kind of goals should you be focusing on for your business?
- Sales Goals- When setting sales goals, think quantity and go from there: for example, do you want to focus on daily sales? Quarterly sales? How many returning and new weekly customers you have? Make sure you are following the SMART method and setting sales goals that are both measurable and attainable.
- Manage Goals – You should have strategic marketing goals that are based on your sales goals. Remember, these days social media is your best friend when trying to get noticed and get more customers, so your marketing goals should include a content strategy that spells out how many times you want to post a week, and on which social media platforms.
- Operational Goals– These goals will focus on how well your business is operating, which is based on: your customer service, process consistency, team growth, and administrative efficiency. To improve your business’ function, you will need to create goals to boost these areas.
- Annually- Break down your annual goals will help you get started with your sales, marketing, and operational goals.
- Quarterly– Once you’ve gotten started on your annual goals, reassess your progress every 90 days. Are you meeting your goals? Do you need to make adjustments?
- Monthly– Create monthly goals to lay out what you will and will not work on for the month. Base this list off your quarterly list.
- Weekly/Daily– Now break down your monthly goals and focus on what you need to do or accomplish each week or day to reach those larger goals.
Setting goals is a must for the long-term success of your business, but you have to know how to set the right kind of goals. Not only that, but you should be consistently revisiting your goals, so you can make any necessary changes each month. As you work on your goals, evaluate how the changes you make to them impacts your business, and you’ll eventually move closer to succeeding at reaching them.
Enter your information into the box above to have our free goal setting lead calculator sent right to your inbox. Start off 2022 right by knowing precisely how many leads you need to hit your goals. Let us help you crush it in the new year.