We continue to receive Sales Disposition Reports from some of our top clients. As we wrote back in the summer, this data enables us to continually make adjustments to our campaigns at the keyword level.
Contact rates and closing rates have improved, but they can get better. In one instance, we reduced a Client’s Cost per Sale by $200. Quite simply, we need more clients giving us this data. The larger the sample size, the more conclusions we can draw on what does and doesn’t work for our Marketing Campaigns.
There has been no change in where we are marketing, the landing pages and sites we are using, etc.
So, how can things change?
To find out, we take the disposition reports as well as other clients’ sales results and matched it up with our marketing data. Then the analysis can begin.
Here’s what we discovered:
- Two sub sources of traffic from our long term advertising sources recently had substantial increases in their traffic. Some of you may now say that should have been an alarm in and of itself, but you would be dead wrong. This happens all the time and without knowing sales results there is too little data to have real actionable information.
- Clients that were displaying quotes on their branded thank you page were closing 125% more cases than those without quotes. A consumer that types a keyword phrase with the word “quotes” wants to see quotes after filling out their information or know clearly how the agent will be delivering their quotes.
- There are certain keywords that are getting more and more searches as Obamacare draws near.
Here’s what we did:
- Blocked the two sub sources from displaying our ads going forward
- Made improvements to our thank you pages
- Increased bids on the keywords that are resulting in Sales and blocked keywords that have been identified as a lower likelihood of closing.
Without customer feedback, we would be flying blind.
Check out our Video to learn exactly the process we go through to do our analysis.